Energize Our Neighborhoods is a strategy for keeping Boise vibrant and unique, working at the neighborhood level.
With council sponsorship by Councilmember Ben Quintana, the City is partnering with residents and community leaders to improve livability, measured on an array of local and national indicators. Energize Our Neighborhoods has been recognized nationally as an innovative approach that aligns public and private resources to drive measurable change.
Boise’s Vista Neighborhood was selected as the first area of focus—together with the residents, a citywide team and numerous community partners, the City of Boise is designing strategies for new ways to revitalize the neighborhood. With success expected in Vista, the City seeks to replicate this approach across Boise, customizing it for each neighborhood and learning with each new project area.
- Energize and enhance neighborhoods, while building the capacity to sustain the improvements.
- Align City, public and private resources to create meaningful impact.
- Demonstrate measurable positive change.
When passionate, well-informed neighbors, the City of Boise and public/private partners come together with a unified vision, great things can happen. 2015 outcomes include:
- Customized plans based on individual neighborhood needs.
- Urban Land Institute designated Vista Avenue as a Demonstration Corridor, and awarded a grant to study how the avenue could be improved to promote healthy, vibrant, and economic vitality.
- Unprecedented partnership with the Treasure Valley YMCA and the Boys & Girls Club to provide out-of-school programming in Vista’s elementary schools.
- Vista residents received Home Improvement Grants to increase their homes’ energy efficiency, safety, accessibility, and appearance.
Ada County Highway District | Boise School District | Boise Weekly | Boys & Girls Club of Ada County | D.L. Evans Bank | Hawthorne Elementary PTO | Sojourn Church |Treasure Valley YMCA | United Way of Treasure Valley | Vista Neighborhood Association | Whitney Elementary PTO