City of Boise Livability Ambassadors
Sustainability is deeply embedded in Boise's mission to be the most livable city in the country. To help further the city's mission, Boise is launching the Livability Ambassadors Program where selected community members will join experts for a series of lessons, tours and discussions designed to expand their knowledge about Boise’s approach to environmental sustainability.
Highlights include guided tours and group excursions to sustainability features such as:
- Twenty Mile South Farm, home of Boise’s first-ever commercial net-zero energy building
- Geothermal Energy and Boise's first LIV District
- The River Campus at the Boise WaterShed and Idaho's largest concentration of public art
- The Foothills Learning Center, the hub of Boise’s trail system
This behind the scenes experience with some of the City of Boise’s unique programs and facilities are intended to spark conversation and inspire action among ambassadors and their social networks and strengthen the community’s commitment to protecting and preserving our resources for future generations.
Ambassadors will be expected to share their experiences in the program and engage in conversations about sustainability initiatives through social media platforms and with their network. The application deadline is April 25, 2018 (11:59 p.m. MT).
To become a Livability Ambassador for the City of Boise, you must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years of age or older
- Reside within Boise City limits
- Be able to attend the opening and closing ceremonies, and at least four of the six scheduled excursions
- Cannot be a current employee of the City of Boise
- Be able to pass a local background check
Applications will be reviewed by a committee from the Departments of Public Works and Community Engagement and will be selected based upon their ability to meet eligibility requirements and alignment with the program objectives. Selected ambassadors will be notified April 30, 2018 by 5 p.m. MT.
Those selected to be ambassadors will be required to attend 4 out of 6 of the following excursions:
- Twenty Mile South Farm, May 19, 2018
- Dixie Drain, June 16, 2018
- Foothills Learning Center, July 21, 2018
- Ada County Landfill and Hazardous Waste Facility, August 18, 2018
- Boise WaterShed and River Campus, September 15, 2018
- Boise's Geothermal Energy and the Central Addition - Boise's First LIV District, October 20, 2018
Many excursions will require being able to physically walk varying distances on uneven terrain, climb stairs or stand for extended periods of time. If you will be unable to do any of these, please let us know and the city will provide accommodations to the best of their ability.
- April 25, 2018 - Applications due by 11:59 p.m. MT
- April 30, 2018 - Selected applicants are notified
- May 10, 2018 - Orientation, 6 - 8 p.m.
- October 25, 2018 - Closing Ceremony, 6 - 8 p.m.
For questions or more information, contact us.