E-Scooters are Here
Where To Ride
E-scooters can be used within City of Boise limits in the following locations:
- On streets
- On sidewalks and crosswalks
- In bike lanes
- On the 25 miles of Greenbelt paths managed by the City of Boise
As with all modes of transportation, please obey traffic laws and be mindful of obstructions, pedestrians, motorists and bicyclists.
No Ride Zones
Riders should check company mobile applications for no-park and no-ride zones. These areas include:
- Parts of Boise State University
- Boise Skate Parks (No Ride Zone)
- Idaho State Capitol (No Park Zone)
- Boise Foothills (No Ride Zone)
- Kathryn Albertson Park (No Ride Zone)
How to Park
Since these devices are stationless, they do not need to be parked in a dock or station. Please refer to the company's mobile application for designated parking zones for the device. Proper parking etiquette is encouraged.
- Park the E-scooter upright
- Do not park on private property
- Do not obstruct ADA access, pathways for pedestrians, bicyclists or motorists
- On the Boise Greenbelt, park the E-scooter off the Greenbelt path on a concrete surface
Tips for Riding
Individuals riding an E-scooter should follow proper etiquette. Anyone operating a device recklessly can be charged with a misdemeanor.
- Before using the E-scooter, do a pre-safety check
- Apply brakes to slow down/stop
- Be mindful of obstructions, pedestrians, motorists and bicyclists
- Always follow traffic laws
For help requests about the devices, questions around use of the mobile applications, transactional issues and operational concerns should be directed to the companies.
For issues related to devices being left on private property or otherwise undesignated storage locations, please contact the City of Boise Code Compliance via email or call 208-972-8150 ext. 8 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Further information about regulation of E-scooters can be found in Boise City Code.
Published: October 18, 2018