Plan Ahead This Weekend | Traffic for Downtown Events
Summertime activities are in full swing in downtown Boise and there are special events happening almost every weekend. To help make sure everyone can enjoy downtown and get around safely and efficiently, the City of Boise prepares detailed traffic plans for special events. This weekend, there are two events that will impact downtown traffic. The Road to X Games is happening in and around Rhodes Skate Park and Harley-Davidson Hooligan Racing will be taking place at CenturyLink Arena. Meanwhile, Boise Pridefest is happening in and around Cecil D. Andrus Park.
Road Closures for the Road to X Games: Park Qualifier
Tuesday, June 12 from 6:30 pm until Sunday afternoon
- 15th Street - Closed from W. River Street to W. Grove Street.
- Grand Avenue – Closed between S. 14th Street and S. 15th Street.
S. 16th Street and S. American Blvd - Closed between W. Grove Street and W. River Street.
W. Front Street - Closed between S. 14th Street and S. 16th Street.
Friday and Saturday there will also be lane closures/shoulder closures on the I-184 connector inbound and outbound.
Harley Davidson Hooligan Race at Centurylink Arena
Friday from 12pm to 10pm - Drivers will experience intermittent traffic interruptions on Capitol Blvd. at Front Street as participants enter CenturyLink Arena from Grove St.
**Drivers are urged to avoid Capitol Blvd during this time.
Friday from 7am to 10pm -Race participants will be staged on Grove St. which will be closed from Capitol to 6th St. (the Basque Block)
Road to X Games Parking Information
Shuttle Pick-up Locations (Friday and Saturday)
- Ann Morrison Park near Americana entrance
- Ann Morrison Park on the west side of the park playground
- City owned Park & Ride lot at the corner of Fairview and 25th street
Additional parking will be available on Saturday, June 16 in the St. Luke’s parking lot at 688 Americana Boulevard and at the Northwest Bank Building located at 1750 Front Street. Again, both lots will be available on Saturday only and are close enough to the park to walk.
Shuttle Times and information
- Friday, June 15 shuttles will operate from 9:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 16 shuttles will operate from 9:30 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
- Shuttles will depart from pick-up locations approximately every 15-20 minutes
- All shuttles will be white or blue in color with City logos and identifying placards on passenger side doors
- Shuttles will arrive and pick up near Rhodes Skate Park on Front Street between 16th and 17th Street.
Ride Share and Taxi pick-up and drop-off
There is a designated location on 17th Street near the park which will be signed. Drivers should plan to head north on 17th and pull over to the right curb to let passengers in or out safely.
There will be bike parking between Front and Grove on 16th street, (across from Fire Station 5) on Friday, June 15 and Saturday, June 16. Please note: bikes are not allowed on the shuttles for safety reasons.
**ADA Accessible parking spaces will be available in the Foerstel lot at 249 S.16th street near Rhodes Skate Park on both Friday and Saturday.
Additional parking information can be found here.
Road Closures for Pridefest
Friday 9am to Sunday 12am - Boise Pridefest will be held in Cecil D. Andrus Park. Roads around the park will be closed for this event, including:
- Jefferson St. – Closed from 6th Street to 8th Street.
- Bannock St. - Closed from 6th to N. Capitol Blvd.
- Capitol Blvd - Closed from Bannock to W. Jefferson.
Saturday 8:30am to 11:30am - Traffic restrictions will be in place for roads one block around the parade route. The parade runs from N. 6th Street down W. Bannock Street to 12th Street, over to W. Jefferson Street, up to N. 6th Street and back to W. Bannock St.
We hope you enjoy all the festivities and have a fun and safe weekend!
Published: June 13, 2018