Tips & Tricks for a Spooktacular Halloween
With the changing leaves and the dropping temps comes our favorite fall holiday: Halloween. We have many ways you and your family can celebrate around Boise, as well as ways to help you clean up the aftermath. Here are our tips and tricks for a Spooktacular Halloween!
- Boo at the Zoo - October 27, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Click for details
- Wizard Encounter - October 28, 12:00 - 6:00 p.m. at the Boise Depot. Bring canned food to donate to the Idaho Foodbank Click for details
- Halloween Parade, October 31, 11:00 a.m. at the Main Library Click for details
- Halloween Costume Contest - October 31, 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. at the Dick Eardley Senior Center. Come in your best costume and you could win one of 6 categories - Funniest, scariest, most original, ugliest, best couples costume and best overall
- Idaho Iceworld Spooktacular - October 31, 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. $6 per person (includes skate rental). Costume contest, candy and games for the whole family Click for details
Crafts, Candy & Cooking!
- DIY Paper Pumpkins - October 25, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. at Library! at Cole & Ustick Click for details
- Cooking with Kids: Let's Get Spooky - October 29 (ages 8-12) 4:00 - 6:30 p.m. Click to sign up
- Rated Teen: Halloween Goblets - October 30, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. at Library! at Collister Click for details
Dances & Parties!
- Teen Halloween Party - October 26, 3:30 - 5:30 p.m. at Library! at Cole & Ustick Click for details
- Murder at the Totally Rad 80's Prom Party - October 26, at Library! at Collister Click for details
- After School Fun: Halloween Spooktacular - October 31, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. at Library! at Collister Click for details
After the ghouls, witches and goblins have hung up their hats for the year, don't forget that you can compost your pumpkins! A few reminders before you toss your Jack-O-Lanterns in your cart:
- Please no painted pumpkins! Paint is not compostable, so please put your painted masterpieces in the trash cart.
- Remove any candles or lights from inside the pumpkin
- Take off any extra decorations (i.e. googly eyes, felt, etc)
Published: October 18, 2018