Random Acts of Kindness
Did you know that this week is National Random Acts of Kindness week? If you’re looking for some ways to spread kindness in our community we’ve got you covered! Check out the list below and be sure to capture any acts of kindness you witness, share them on social media and hashtag #BoiseKind.
- Pay it forward: buy the person behind you in line or at the drive through a cup of coffee or tea
- Share a message of kindness with someone
- Lend your neighbor a hand: help bring in their trash cans, shovel their sidewalk if it snowed, rake up and compost their leaves, or take their glass recycling to a drop-off site
- Offer your seat on the bus
- Make a meal for a family you don’t know well
- Write letters to emergency responders
- Smile at and say “hi!” to people you walk by
- Tell someone to use the free 20-minute button on parking meters in downtown Boise.
- Be a kind driver…let someone in!
- Offer to pick up compost from the Compost Giveback site at the Botanical Gardens for a neighbor or a friend
- Donate new or used items to a local non-profit
- Leave a nice online review for your favorite local business
- Support young entrepreneurs
- Donate your time and talents - offer your photography, writing or sewing skills to a friend or a charity
- Help someone carry their groceries
- Bring plastic bags to stock the mutt mitt at your neighborhood park
Published: February 13, 2019